Conference History Report
International Conference on Public Health
1st International Conference on Public Health was successfully held from 13th - 14th May, 2015 in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The theme of the conference was “Promoting global health through equitable access to health system.” ICOPH 2015 was the premier forum for the presentation of new advances and research results in the areas of global health and health systems. The conference brought together the leading academic scientists, researchers and scholars in the domain of interest from around the world under following conference tracks.
The Conference chair was Prof. Dr. Hematram Yadav, Head of Community Medicine and Behavioral Sciences Section, International Medical University (IMU), Malaysia. The Keynote speakers of ICOPH 2015 were Prof. Chia Kee Seng, Dean and Professor in the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore and Dr.Chithramalee de Silva, Deputy Director MCH, Consultant Community Physician, Family Health Bureau, Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka.1st International Conference on Public health was co- hosted by International Medical University of Malaysia, National University of Singapore and Management & Science University, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
There were around 60 participants from more than 20 countries including USA, Australia, Poland, UK, India, Singapore, Nepal, Bangladesh, Malaysia Thailand, Bangladesh, Africa and Sri Lanka.ICOPH 2016
The 2nd International Conference on Public health 2016 was successfully completed on 28th & 29th Colombo, Sri Lanka under the theme "Bridging the gap between research and policy and creating a global platform to discuss evidence based health policies and interventions in public health” with around 150 participants from more than 30 countries in the world. The conference was chaired by Professor Dr. Hematram Yadav who is a professor of Community Medicine Department in MAHSA University, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and Professor Dr Rusli Bin Nordin who is a Professor of Public Health Medicine and Head of the Clinical School Johor Bahru, Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Monash University Malaysia.
ICOPH 2016 was directed under following conference tracks.
· Public Health Nutrition
· Public Health Nutrition
· Nursing Education
· Women health
· Information technology e-learning and social issues in public health
· Public Health policy and management
· Health economics
· Infectious Diseases and antibiotic resistance
· Environmental occupational health issue
The keynote forum consisted of three speeches delivered by,
- Professor Raj Bhopal CBE, DSc (hon)Bruce and John Usher Professor of Public Health and Honorary Consultant in Public Health Medicine, The University of Edinburgh, Center for Population Health Sciences.
- Nalika Gunawardena, Professor in Community Medicine at the University of Colombo and an accredited teacher in higher education. She is affiliated to the WHO Country office as a National Consultant in the areas of Non communicable Diseases and Health System Analysis and Evidence.
- K.A.K.K. Wijewardana, Senior Professor, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
There were three plenary speeches delivered by,
- Dr Vimal Karani S,Hugh Sinclair Unit of Human Nutrition, University of Reading, UK
- Deepika Attygalle,President College of Community physicians of Sri Lanka, Reviewer for National and International Journals
- Prof Dato’ Dr Ravindran Jegasothy, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, MAHSA University, Kuala Lumpur.
The Success of the International Conference on Public Health